Friday, September 11, 2015

I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!

I've been meaning to make a more substantial post, but have been exhausted before bed (which means we're having an awesome time) , so substance will have to wait!

Yesterday was fun! We went to Bled and Andrew rowed to the island in the middle of the lake. We had Kreme Cake Gelato (which apparently isn't anywhere close to actual Kreme cake) and climbed the hill to the mountain, which was really cool.  We had our last dinner in Ljubljana on the river and were surprised by a singing/dancing troupe doing traditional songs/dances just a few feet away from our table! We were pretty best after that and called it an early night.

This morning we got up and had breakfast at the Friday morning market then drove about 2.5 hours to Rovinj. Our apartment is awesome and I really love the city. It's on the sea with old stone buildings and cobblestone streets. We (Andrew) had sardines for dinner. I actually ate Istrian ox stew and gnocchi. We walked around the city and watched the sunset on the rocks while drinking pina coladas, and had tasty pizza for 2nd dinner. We've also been meandering around the city drinking various drinks for the past 8 or so hours (hence a hiccupping husband in bed next to me!)

I really liked Ljubljana and it was really cool, but Rovinj has stolen my heart in a short amount of time. I really wish we had more time to spend here! I could definitely see us retiring here 

No comments:

Post a Comment